Our client is a leading lighting manufacturer and are looking to strengthen their Design team with a Technical Manager as they continue to grow. They are seeking a driven and enthusiastic individual who can take ownership of this role with an opportunity to progress and develop further within their organisation. In this exciting Technical Manager position you will ensure relevant compliance standards are adhered to at all stages. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking for a new challenge.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full product involvement from development through to after sales care
- Handle customer enquiries relating to product specifications and liaise with the warehouse QC team.
- Determine product packaging and shipping requirements
- Communicate day to day with overseas suppliers via email and phone. Ensure suppliers stay on track with new product technical aspects on timelines
- Determine product specification and material requirements of new products with the development department
- Responsibility for ensuring that products are compliant with all relevant UK legislation and directives
- Assist product launch timeline, ensuring key deliverables, such as instructions, labels and box artwork are completed on time
- Checking instruction leaflets and packaging contain correct and accurate information
- Factory audits (ethical and technical) and certification
- Factory visits in Far East – approx. twice a year
Key Skills and experience:
- Previous experience within the retail technical sector, preferably lighting, electrical or furniture
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of UK standards and legislations
- Strong collaborative skills and a confident and capable communicator
- Works well under pressure with strong planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Possesses a keen eye for detail, working to the highest standards
Based in Market Overton, Rutland it is essential you have your own transport.