One of our major manufacturing clients based in Peterborough are looking for a Project Accountant to join the firm on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly into the FD, the main purpose of the job is to provide accounting support, in particular focusing on projects and the relevant costs and sales associated with these projects. Maintenance of weekly and monthly reporting to assist the business with decision making.
- Prepare documentation and lead the Contract Profitability Reporting meetings on a monthly basis, working closely with the Project Management team to ensure project costs are tracked and managed.
- Supporting the forecasting and budgeting process including accurately calculating forecasted sales on a monthly basis.
- Calculation and posting of turnover journals on a monthly basis following IFRS15 (POC). Questioning any variances in sales month on month with the relevant teams.
- Maintaining the customer deposit account during the month to manage invoicing and turnover by order.
- Completing month end WIP analysis file and posting the relevant journal for COS.
- Preparation and completion of margin reports including capital and aftermarket.
- Managing the warranty report on a monthly basis and conduct quarterly reviews on spend and provisions.
- Product Development Reporting on a monthly basis.
- Monthly submission of trial balance on Tagetik.
- Providing support to various stakeholders across the company.
- Carry out monthly analysis on quality costs e.g. extra work and warranty.
- Regular reporting on project performance through the publication of Q225’s.
- Oversee preparation of Office of National Statistics requests.
Our client would consider anyone either part, or fully qualified, including AAT if they hold the relevant experience.
Some of the benefits include;
- 23 days holiday plus 3 days additional over Christmas
- Good pension
- Life assurance
- Private health care
- Early finish on Fridays
You don’t need to have manufacturing experience, but this would be an advantage. If you feel you would be suitable for the role, and if you’re ready for your next challenge within finance, then I’d like to hear from you. Please either apply to the role with a CV, or get in touch for further information.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.