As a Logistics Administrator you will be working for a progressive and successful privately owned manufacturing firm near Market Deeping. This is an exciting office-based role suitable for someone with exceptional systems and logistics knowledge. This role supports the sales and operations team to ensure goods are dispatched on time.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, work effectively in a team environment, and have strong problem-solving abilities. It is important for the candidate to have a strong IT knowledge including systems and high levels of competency with Excel.
- Plan and schedule weekly dispatch of orders via most cost-effective method available.
- Maintain, create, and update spreadsheets and databases for customer/company reports.
- Route plan and schedule adhoc deliveries on own vehicle service.
- Support operations team with production, picking and dispatch planning to ensure efficient dispatch of all customer orders.
- Booking in deliveries with customers to ensure optimal delivery arrangements.
- Monitor carrier systems to ensure customers orders are on track for delivery.
- Work with recruitment companies to hire drivers as and when required.
- Briefing and liaising with drivers to ensure the plan is achievable (finish times and start times)
- Prepare delivery and dispatch paperwork as required.
- Logistics/transport background desirable but not essential.
- Strong administration experience.
- Must be date driven, able to rationalise raw data and report.
- Good Geographical knowledge of the UK
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office suite.
- Confident and professional listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, handling multiple tasks with a sense of pace and urgency.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment, remaining calm under pressure.
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills.
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays (holiday year from January 1st – December 31st) Increasing to 23 days in second year
- Additional Birthday Holiday
- In house training and support
- Staff discount on purchases of furniture and soft furnishings
- Refer a Friend Incentive Scheme
Full training will be provided.
100% office based – Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm