Due to expansion and a recent restructure, our client is looking to appoint a Financial Controller.
This role will sit in between both the Finance Manager and Director, deputising for either when required.
With a team of five direct reports, the role will also support the FD in process improvements and finance projects.
The successful candidate will be business minded and have knowledge of VAT and payroll. Other duties include;
- Overall responsibility of the accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Overseeing the Balance Sheet reconciliations and general ledger transactions.
- Ensuring monthly management accounts are completed on time and with variance analysis.
- Manage the VAT and the government returns within strict timescales.
- Business forecasting and statistical reporting.
- Liaising with external auditors.
- Managing daily cash flow and business forecasting.
- Manage loan stock drawdowns. Preparing reports for submission and analysing monthly stock payments between stock classes where necessary.
- Oversee all payroll administration functions.
- Visiting suppliers and customers with potential overseas travel.
- Fixed Asset management.
- Overseeing the management accounts for a small oversees subsidiary.
- Investigate, analyse, and comment on areas of expenditure where adherence to company policy is required.
- Ensuring compliance with funding covenants.
- Fully ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Management experience and presenting to large audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent Excel skills.
- 27 days holiday plus BH.
- Good life insurance policy.
- Medical health plan.
- Early finish on Fridays!
This role would suit someone who is looking to take their next step in their finance career, or for someone who is looking for a new challenge. This is a well established yet growing business. If you feel you have the skills and experience required for this position, then I’d like to hear from you. Please either apply to the role or get in touch for further information.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.