Fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding process engineering business in Peterborough. If you are a Design Engineer working within the food/beverage industry and looking for a change, this could be the role for you.
Having doubled its turnover, and investing in growing its teams, this is an exciting time to join the business as a Design Engineer. A newly appointed SLT has embedded best practice processes throughout the organisation, allowing them to win sizeable contracts with household names.
As a result, they are looking to expand their engineering teams and this role offers a great opportunity to lead a small team of design engineers, whilst reporting into the Lead Design Engineer.
As Design Engineer you will:
- be responsible for delivering end to end design deliverables to the liquid & powder process & food industry in the UK.
- monitor the design task delivery performance of the team, against the project plans maintaining budget & schedule.
- maintain and amend existing designs.
- design for manufacture.
- producing accurate technical drawings & designs or the engineering department, customers, and suppliers.
- perform mechanical design and development using SolidWorks software.
You must have a degree in Design Engineering, Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and be CAD proficient (SolidWorks). Additionally, you will be a creative problem solver with the ability to multitask and have a good understanding of mechanisms as well as an awareness of engineering calculations, CE Marking, ATEX, Hazard Analysis & application of electrical & electronic principles.
In return, you will join an organisation that is on a journey and will genuinely be part of their success. You will be fully supported as you integrate into your new team, and enjoy benefits including:
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off, plus BHs
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
Get in touch to find out more!