Our client, an estates management company, is looking for a Commercial Accountant to join the finance team on a permanent basis.
Although an incredibly varied role, the main function of this new post is to support the Finance Director with the day-to-day finance duties that come with managing the finances of an estate and various other businesses and events within. As well as contributing to the continuous improvements of the financial processes.
This role would suit either someone who is studying towards an accounting qualification and looking to build on their skills and experience, or potentially somebody more senior, on a part-time basis.
Training will be given on certain aspects of the role, but personal skills such as versatility, flexibility and tenacity are essential for this job. Also, someone with the ability to multi-task, think on their feet and potentially challenge (where appropriate) would be required.
Some of the job duties will include;
· Balance Sheet reconciliations.
· Management reporting & commentary.
· Monthly VAT returns.
· Analysis as required for management accounts reporting.
· Budgeting and forecasting.
· Obtaining quotations for Capital asset purchasing.
|· Providing support on management information and accounts payable.
· Deliver analysis on monthly reporting and budget variance analysis.
· Ability to drive new processes across new technology platforms.
· Any other general ad-hoc finance or administrative duties as required by the FD or General Manager.
An understanding of or experience within event management or estates would be beneficial but by no means essential.
Working hours for the role are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (one hour for lunch). Some of the other benefits include;
· 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
· Hybrid working once established.
· Study support for the right candidate.
· Good pension.
· Regular free medical checks.
· Early finish on Fridays!
This truly is an exciting time to join this very interesting and niche company. So, if you feel you have the right skill set, but more importantly, the right personality and you’re looking for your next challenge within finance, then I’d like to hear from you. Please either apply to the role with a CV, or get in touch for further information and job description.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.